Flexible Instruction Days
WINDBER AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT FLEXIBLE INSTRUCTION PLAN 2022-23
Below is a downloadable pdf of the Flexible Instruction Narrative that was submitted to the Pennsylvania Department of Education detailing Windber Area School Districts' Flexible Instruction Plan for the 2022-23 School year.
IN-PERSON SCHOOL CANCELLED FOR FULL DAY
In the event that in-person school is cancelled for the full day due to weather, we will be following the procedures listed below for a synchronous flexible instruction day.
- An alert message will be sent to families to inform them that the weather related school closure will be handled as at Flexible Instruction Day. (FID)
- Students in Grades 3 to 12 will follow their building schedule for synchronous education through the Google platform.
- Students in Grades K/4 to 2 will work on paper/pencil packets previously sent home for FID days.
- HS/MS Students are to log on to Google Classroom by 8:00 a.m.
- Elementary Students (Grades 3-5) are to log on to Google Classrooms by 8:45 a.m.
TWO HOUR DELAY CALLED
In the event that school is delayed for two hours due to weather, staff and students will arrive at school two hours later than the normal schedule and follow the two hour delay schedule for in-person learning once they arrive.
10:00 a.m. - HS/MS
10:30 a.m. - Elementary Grades K4-5
TWO HOUR DELAY CALLED,
FOLLOWED BY CANCELLATION FOR REST OF THE DAY
In the event that the two hour delay eventually results in a cancellation, students in Grades 3-12 will log into the Google Platform at the times indicated below and follow the Two Hour Delay Schedule for their building for synchronous instruction with their teachers.
10:00 a.m. - HS/MS
10:30 a.m. - Elementary Grades 3-5 - Log in to Homeroom on Google Classroom
(Grades K/4-2 paper/pencil packets)
Students will be expected to attend all classes for the duration of the FID. Teachers are asked to take attendance as we have done in the past FID or mandated closure days. Attendance will be tracked through the respective Building Offices. Parents, please contact your respective Building Principal with any questions.