Pre-College Programs at Pennsylvania College of Technology
Experience Penn College's unique in-demand majors and explore your own future path with interactive, hands-on classes lead by industry experts.
Registration opens March 1, 2020.
Overnight Programs Designed for Students Entering Grades 9-12
June 14-29, 2020
- Architecture Odyssey
- Autism Spectrum Post-Secondary Interest Experience (ASPIE)
- Automotive Restoration
- Automotive Technology
- Engineering Future Restaurateurs
- Health Careers
- Information Technology
July 29-24, 2020
- First Responder Basic
- Graphic Design Summer Studio
- Design, Build, Grow Landscape & Horticulture
- Hall of FAME (Finance, Accounting, Marketing, & Entrepreneurship)
- Have Your Cake & Decorate It Too
- Diesel Truck & Heavy Equipment
- Thingamajig Fabricators
Day Programs Designed for Students Entering Grades 6-8
June 22-26, 2020
- My Tomorrow (Middle School Exploration Camp)
July 20-22, 2020
- Summer Maker Mission
Pennsylvania Free Enterprise Week (PFEW)
Pennsylvania Free Enterprise Week (PFEW) is an award-winning week-long summer economics education program offered to all current high school sophomores and juniors throughout Pennsylvania. It is an exciting, team-based program that teaches students to understand and celebrate the American free enterprise system by introducing them to the inner workings of modern 21st century business. PFEW helps students develop critical skills in communication, leadership, time management, problem solving and team building all while improving their self-esteem and confidence. The PFEW program provides students with opportunities to assess interests, build skills, and identify and explore careers in an interactive, hands-on setting. Interested students can pick up an application at the high school or apply online at www.pfew.org. For more information, visit www.pfew.org. Early bird deadline is 3/2/20, final deadline is 5/1/20.
Academic Summer Programs at Gettysburg College
- 3D OBJECT MODELING & PRINTING CAMP - Students will study 3D object modeling and printing starting with the basics of a 3D printer. After learning the fundamentals, they will practice designing objects.
- BUILD A BOT AND CODE IT TOO - Students will gain hands-on experiences in coding, wiring electronics, and building robots through the open source software and hardware. This camp is an introduction into the world of coding robotics and electronics.
- CAMP PSYCH - Students will get hands-on experiences that introduce them to research in psychology during this fun, challenging, and engaging introduction to the field.
- CIVIL WAR ERA STUDIES CAMP - Students will get to enjoy historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania while studying the American Civil War History through lectures, field trips, and unique learning experiences. They will explore the circumstances leading to the war, investigate significant battles during the war, and explore the condition of the United States after the war.
- YOUNG WRITERS' WORKSHOP - Students gain an in-depth introduction to all four genres of creative writing: fiction, poetry, nonfiction, and writing for stage and screen.
- CIVIL WAR INSTITUTE SUMMER CONFERENCE - SCHOLARSHIP - The High School Student Scholarship component of Gettysburg College's annual Civil War Institute summer conference provides high school students an opportunity to explore the history of the Civil War era on the site of the war's most decisive battle.